Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup onion, chopped finely
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups tomato sauce
1½ (12-ounce) cans tomato paste
1¾ ounces canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup honey
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
½ teaspoons pickling salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a nonreactive saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic for about 2–3 minutes.
2. Add in the remaining ingredients and cook until boiling.
3. Now set the heat to low and cook for about 15–20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove saucepan of sauce from heat and with an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
5. ReTurn pan over low heat and cook for about 20–25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. In 6 (½-pint) hot sterilized jars, divide the sauce, .
7. Slide knife around the insides of each jar to remove air bubbles.
8. Close each jar with a lid and screw on the ring.
9. Arrange the jars in a boiling water canner and process for about 20 minutes.
10. Remove jars from water canner and place on wood surface Cool then, press the top jar’s lid to ensure that the seal is tight.
11. The canned sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 year.
Total Fat 0.4 g
Saturated Fat 0.1 g
Sodium 85 mg
Total Carbs 7.2 g
Sugar 6.2 g
Protein 0.7 g