Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
6 large green tomatoes, quartered
2 small bell peppers (red and green), halved and seeded
3 large onions
½ cup cider vinegar
1¼ cups white sugar
¾ tablespoons mustard seed
¾ tablespoons celery seed
¼ tablespoon salt
1. Place quartered tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions in a food processor in 2 batches and pulse until very finely chopped.
2. Arrange a large cheesecloth-lined colander over a sink.
3. Place tomato mixture into the colander and set aside for about 1 hour to drain.
4. In a nonreactive saucepan, Add drained tomato mixture and remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
5. Place saucepan over medium-high heat and cook until boiling.
6. Now set the heat to low and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
7. In 3 (1-pint) hot sterilized jars, divide the relish, .
8. Slide knife around the insides of each jar to remove air bubbles.
9. Close each jar with a lid and screw on the ring.
10. Arrange the jars in a boiling water canner and process for about 10 minutes.
11. Remove jars from water canner and place on wood surface.
12. Cool then, press the top jar’s lid to ensure that the seal is tight.
13. The canned relish can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Total Fat 0.2 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Sodium 37 mg
Total Carbs 7.5 g
Fiber 0.6 g
Sugar 6.5 g
Protein 0.4 g