Preparation Time: 10 – 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
15 lbs. ripe peaches
4 cups water
1 ¾ cups honey
2/3 cup Riesling
1 tbsp. lavender buds, dried
½ tbsps. Salt
1. Bring a large pot of water to boiling. Cook the peaches, in batches, in the boiling water for 60 seconds or until the skin starts to peel.
2. Use a slotted spoon for removing the peaches from the hot water and into a large bowl of ice-cold water. Remove peaches from the cold water and Peel skins.
3. Cut m in half lengthwise and discard the pits.
4. Make the syrup by combining 4 cups of water, honey, Riesling, lavender buds, and salt in a large saucepan.
5. Cook over medium high heat as you stir until the honey has all dissolved.
6. Cut 3 inches strips of lemon peel using a vegetable peeler. Reserve the lemon for other use.
7. Pack the peaches in the jars with the cut side facing down. Add lemon Peel n Ladle syrup evenly among the jars leaving a ½-inch headspace.
8. Rinse jar rims and Place lids and rings on the jars. Transfer jars to the pressure canner and process at 10 pounds of pressure for 70 minutes.
9. Let the canner rest to cool before removing the jars and placing them on a rack to cool.
Sugars, total146.65 g