Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
1 (15-ounce) can black beans,
2 cups frozen corn
8 cups tomatoes; peeled, chopped, and drained
2½ cups sweet onions, chopped
1½ cups sweet green peppers, seeded and chopped
1 cup jalapeno pepper, chopped
1 cubanealle pepper, chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (12-ounce) can tomato paste
1/3 cup vinegar
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 cup canning salt
1. In a nonreactive saucepan, Add all ingredients over medium-high heat and cook until boiling, stirring continuously.
2. Now set the heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionall y.
3. In 7 (1-pint) hot sterilized jars, divide the salsa, .
4. Slide knife around the insides of each jar to remove air bubbles.
5. Close each jar with a lid and screw on the ring.
6. Arrange the jars in a boiling water canner and process for about 15 minutes.
7. Remove jars from water canner and place on wood surface.
8. Cool then, press the top jar’s lid to ensure that the seal is tight.
9. The canned salsa can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Total Fat 0.3 g
Saturated Fat 0.1 g
Sodium 253 mg
Total Carbs 9.3 g
Fiber 2.2 g
Sugar 2.5 g
Protein 2.6 g