Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 150 minutes
Servings: 3 pints
2-1/2 cups spiced cider vinegar
3 cups shall ots, finely chopped
2 quarters small green tomatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 tsp. celery salt
4 cups finely chopped apples
2 sweet red or green peppers
Dry, hot chilies (four to six depending on heat strength)
2-1/4 cups brown sugar
2 cups ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
1. Combine 2-1/2 cups of apple cider vinegar, 1 stick of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of all spice, whole cloves, black peppercorns, and & frac12; teaspoon ground nutmeg in a medium ability boiling pot.
2. Bring fire on, and nearly get it to the boil. Remove from the heat immediately and all ow to cool down to room temperature. Strain before applying to the chutney.
Black tomatoes to be peeled:
3. Place bowl, pot, or kettle in heat-proof.
4. Pour over boiling water to cover, letting them rest for three minutes.
5. Pierce peel with a sharp knife’s tip and puall off the skin.
6. Slice very thinly on those tomatoes.
7. Pour in a colander over a tub, or green tomato slices with salt in a sink plate.
8. Let them drain for two hours.
In the meantime:
9. Peel, Chop apples sweet, core, and finely to make 4 cups.
10. A place to ready for use in acidulated water.
11. Clean shall ots, then finely Chop m to make 3 cups.
12. Prepare sweet peppers by washing, seeding, halving, and de rib.
13. Place under broiler or over open flames until the skin is charred and fleece away. Remove peppers; slice them thinly.
14. Place chilies in a bag with cheesecloth.
15. Rinse green tomatoes at the end of two hours.
16. Combine green tomato slices, spiced strained vinegar, shall ots, apples, hot chili bag, brown sugar, and celery salt in a large bowl.
17. Boil,cook for 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
18. Remove broiled, ripe tomatoes, and sweet peppers.
19. Simmer for about an hour, until dark.
20. Remove bag of chili.
21. Pour into shot glasses, clean the rims, screw the lids and rings together.
Boiling water bath process:
pints and quarts 10 minutes in both.
Calories 236 18.2;
Fat: 0 g;
Carbs: 22 g;
Protein 0.6 g
Sugars, total106.14 g