Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
5 pounds green tomatoes, chopped
6 yeallow onions, chopped
3 jalapeño peppers, chopped
4 large bell peppers (red and green), chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 cup fresh lime juice
½ cup white vinegar
1 tablespoon salt
½ tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1–2 teaspoons sugar
1. In a large nonreactive saucepan, Add all of the ingredients over high heat and Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionall y.
2. Now adjust the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered for about 30–40 minutes, stirring occasionall y.
3. In 8 (1-pint) hot sterilized jars, divide the salsa, .
4. Slide knife around the insides of each jar to remove air bubbles.
5. Close each jar with a lid and screw on the ring.
6. Arrange the jars in a boiling water canner and process for about 15 minutes.
7. Remove jars from water canner and place on wood surface.
8. Cool then, press the top jar’s lid to ensure that the seal is tight.
9. The canned salsa can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Total Fat 0.1 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Sodium 128 mg
Total Carbs 3.3 g
Fiber 0.9 g
Sugar 1.8 g
Protein 0.6 g