GLUTEN-FREE / VEGETARIAN / MAKES 12
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
I love everything pumpkin and pumpkin spice–flavored, and these muffins are a great addition to the canon. Try adding spices like cardamom or nutmeg to bring extra flavor to this recipe, or add ½ cup of sugar-free vanilla chips for extra sweetness.
Nonstick cooking spray (optional)
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
⅔ cup granulated low-carb sweetener of choice, plus more to taste
4 large eggs
¾ cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups finely milled almond flour, sifted
½ cup coconut flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon salt
8 ounces full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
Ground cinnamon, for seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners, or coat them well with cooking spray.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl and using an electric handheld mixer, mix the butter and sweetener on high speed until creamy.
3. One at a time, add the eggs, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Stir in the pumpkin and vanilla and mix well.
4. In a small bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix well. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
5. In another small bowl, stir the cream cheese until softened, adding low-carb sweetener to taste. Top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the muffin tops are slightly browned.
Per Serving (2 muffins):
Total Fat: 35g;
Total Carbohydrates: 31g;
Net Carbs: 12g;
Sugar Alcohol: 12g