Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
8 pounds ripe red tomatoes
1 teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup bottled lemon juice, divided
1. With a sharp knife, cut a small “X” in the bottom of each tomato.
2. In a large stainless-steel saucepan of water, Add tomatoes and cook for about 30 minutes.
3. With a slotted spoon, Transfer tomatoes into a large bowl of ice water.
4. With a sharp paring knife, Remove skin of tomatoes.
5. With a sharp paring knife, Remove skin and seeds of tomatoes.
6. Then Chop tomatoes roughly.
7. In a non-reactive saucepan, add chopped tomatoes and salt and bring just to a boil.
8. Now set the heat to low and cook and simmer for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. In the bottom of 4 (1-pint) hot sterilized jars, divide the lemon juice.
10. Now pack each jar with tomato sauce, leaving½-inch space from the top.
11. Slide knife around the insides of each jar to remove air bubbles.
12. Close each jar with a lid and screw on the ring. Arrange the jars in a boiling water canner and process for about 40 minutes.
13. Remove jars from water canner and place on wood surface.
14. Cool then, press the top jar’s lid to ensure that the seal is tight.
15. These canned tomatoes can be preserved in the refrigerator for up 18 months.
Total Fat 0.3 g
Saturated Fat 0.1 g
Sodium 64 mg
Total Carbs 4.5 g
Fiber 1.4 g
Sugar 3 g
Protein 1 g