Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hour 10 minutes
3¾ cups apple cider vinegar
3¾ cups granulated cane sugar
3 tablespoons mustard seeds
5 teaspoons sea salt
2½ teaspoons ground black pepper
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes, crushed
½ teaspoon paprika
5 pounds tomatoes, chopped
5 bell peppers (red), seeded and chopped
3¾ cups scall ions, chopped
1. In a nonreactive saucepan, add both kinds of vinegar, cane sugar, mustard seeds, salt, ground black pepper, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and paprika over medium-high heat and cook until boiling.
2. Add in the tomatoes, bell peppers, and scall ions and again, bring to a fuall roalling boil.
3. Now set the heat to low and cook for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
4. In 5 (1-pint) hot sterilized jars, divide the chutney .
5. Slide knife around the insides of each jar to remove air bubbles.
6. Close each jar with a lid and screw on the ring.
7. Arrange the jars in a boiling water canner and process for about 15 minutes.
8. Remove jars from water canner and place on wood surface.
9. Cool then, press the top jar’s lid to ensure that the seal is tight.
10. The canned chutney can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Total Fat 0.3 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Sodium 152 mg
Total Carbs 14.3 g
Fiber 0.8 g
Sugar 12.9 g
Protein 0.7 g